Dr. Edward Boshnick Excellence in Scleral Lenses AwardResidents from Past 3 Years | Submit Your Application
This application is now closed.
About the Award
This award is intended to promote the practice of the field of scleral contact lenses by providing support to travel to the 2024 Global Specialty Lens Symposium (GSLS). Three $1,750 awards to attend the GSLS will be awarded in 2023. The goal is to award a grant to an applicant in each of these practice settings:
- OD Academia
- Private Practice
- Multi-disciplinary OD/MD Practice
These awards will be granted to eligible optometrists selected by the awards committee. In order to be eligible, applicants must have completed an advanced practice contact lens residency or fellowship program and have attended the GP Lens Institute (GPLI) Cornea and Contact Lens Residents Symposium in the past three years (i.e., 2020 – 2022).
The submission window is August 1 – Sept 30, 2023.
- 250 word maximum statement of your experience of incorporating scleral contact lenses in your practice and/or future educational or career goals including the fitting of scleral contact lenses
- Brief description of your past advanced practice contact lens residency or fellowship program
- Curriculum Vitae
- Upload one letter of recommendation from an individual qualified to comment on your experience and expertise with scleral contact lenses
- 1500 word maximum scleral lens case report (please include references- not counted in 1500 word count). We strongly encourage incorporating photo documentation, which is a passion of Dr. Boshnick
- Applicant must be able to attend the Jan 17-20, 2024 GSLS in Las Vegas, NV
Recipients will be recognized at the GPLI Rising Stars ceremony on Saturday evening, January 20th at GSLS at which time the award stipend will be presented.
Prior to the award window opening, the guidelines for any given award are subject to change by the GPLI and/or the award sponsor.
All grant/award submissions are initially reviewed for completeness and eligibility by the appropriate GPLI awards committee. To the extent feasible, the committee will work to notify applicants of eligibility and incompleteness prior to the application deadline. Complete, eligible applications are then reviewed by the committee.
All award recipients by application and acceptance of an award agree to allow the GPLI and/or the sponsor of the award to which they applied to publish their name, image, and any statement or quote provided by the recipient. These will appear in a variety of media formats that will announce and promote the award.